Spring Greens Recipe
Fancy eating seasonably this Spring?
Why not jazz up your weekday meals with this delicious Spiced Chicken with Spring Greens Recipe?!
This tasty little dish is from ‘Everyday & Sunday Recipes from Riverford Farm’ by Guy Watson and Jane Baxter. And most fortunately for you, all the ingredients are available in the farm shop!
This recipe is ideal for 4 people and to rustle this up, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4cm fresh root ginger, chopped
- 1 head of spring greens, washed and finely shredded
- 1 bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 1 dried chilli, stalk removed, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of tumeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a large wok, brown the chicken breasts in the oil on both sides. Remove from the pan.
- In a blender, make a paste with the garlic and ginger, adding a little water to help (you could use a pestle and mortar instead). Add the paste to the same pan and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the other ingredients except the lemon juice and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the greens and pour in 100ml of water. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn the chicken, cover again and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the chicken is tender. Add lemon juice to taste and serve.
IMPORTANT - LEAVE IN PLACE