Spelt and Rhubarb Bars
All ingredients are available to buy in the Farm Shop
250g coconut oil
250g spelt flour
250g light brown sugar
fresh rhubarb- approximately 6 long stems
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper (approximately 20 x 30 cm)
- Melt the coconut oil (either in the microwave or in a small pan on a low heat).
- Wash and chop up the rhubarb into 2 cm long pieces.
- Mix together the oats, flour and sugar. Add the coconut oil and mix well.
- Press the mix down into the tray, keep back a quarter of the mix for the topping.
- Top with the rhubarb and spring over the last of the crumble.
- Bake at 180 Degrees C for 20-30 minutes or until golden.
- Once cooled cut into squares or bars.
IMPORTANT - LEAVE IN PLACE