Seasonal Recipe: Soft Raspberry Coconut Ice
This week’s seasonal recipe uses our delicious home-grown raspberries, which are plentiful down our Pick Your Own fields at the moment. This recipe is taken from Dan Lepard’s ‘Short and Sweet: The Best of Home Baking’ and is a great Summery treat, especially for those with a sweet tooth!
For the white mixture:
- 350g icing sugar
- 100g mascarpone
- 150g desiccated coconut
For the raspberry mixture:
- 50g fresh raspberries
- 50g mascarpone
- 250g icing sugar
- 200g desiccated coconut
- Line an 18cm tine with non-stick baking paper.
- Make the white ice first by beating half the sugar with the mascarpone until you have a smooth runny paste.
- Stir in the coconut and remaining sugar, mix well then press into the bottom of the tin. Pack the mixture in well and smooth the top.
- Squish the raspberries with the mascarpone and half the sugar until smooth. You can sieve out the seeds if you like, but you can also leave them in.
- Stir in the coconut followed by the last of the sugar.
- Spread this carefully over the white ice until you have it even, the press it down firmly with a spatula and your fingers.
- Loosely cover the tine, with the top of the ice exposed to the air slightly and leave overnight somewhere cool to firm. The following day, lift out of the tin by the lining paper and cut into pieces.
IMPORTANT - LEAVE IN PLACE