Seasonal Recipe: Pumpkin Walnut Cake
This is a deliciously moist cake, perfect for Autumn and a great excuse to incorporate pumpkins into your baking! This recipe is designed by the Wild Strawberry Café here on the farm.
- 300g pumpkin – peeled, deseeded and grated
- 300g light brown sugar
- 150ml rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 free-range eggs
- 330g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp allspice
- 3/4 tsp ginger
- 3/4 tsp bicarb
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 75g chopped walnuts
- 45ml milk
- Line and grease 8 inch cake tin.
- Beat sugar, oil and vanilla for 2 minutes. Add eggs and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Sift together dry ingredients and fold into batter.
- Fold in pumpkin and milk.
- Bake for 30 minutes 170 degrees c.
- Can add a simple cream cheese icing as pictured above.
IMPORTANT - LEAVE IN PLACE